Thursday, January 3, 2013

Finding Hope in the Darkness

April 2012.  

I was wordless and crying.

I prayed for relief and guidance.

My tears flowed.

I drove to work and couldn't stop crying.

My work told me to go home.

I called my doctor.

They got me in to see her.

A new nurse guided me to the room.
 
My movements were slow, my body was waning.

I sat down in a chair and she asked me what was wrong.

My words were slow and calculated, wondered if I could say it out loud.

It was the first time I told anyone what had just happened over the last 6 months.

My prayers were answered - relief.

She told me that she had experienced a similar issue 7 months a go.

My tears ran down my face.

I was not alone.

My doctor came in and my prayers were answered again - guidance.

She told me that she had a similar experience and that she has worked with many individuals in the same situation.

She gave me the words I had struggled to find for months.

My mind and tears calmed.  

She told me that my life will be like nothing I could every imagine, with the much work that was ahead of me.

I found hope.