Monday, January 14, 2013

My Goal

Over one year ago my life changed.

My life turned dark.

Over one year ago, I had looked at my life and thought I had it all:

A great family; husband, a small child, long time friends, and a somewhat close family.  My days were of a full schedule.  Our goals were getting closer with each day; from going on the next trip to Costa Rica to retiring early.

October arrived like a dark cloud full of thunder and lightening.  It began to pour.  Over the next months I drove myself deeper and deeper into my abyss I was making for myself.

In April (my breakdown) was the first moment I had true clarity of what had just happened (and what had been happening for years, I just didn't know it at the time...)

From mid April to May I was in a numb zone.  I was taking it all in - The Truth.

At the end of May, I began a path of recovery from my lifetime of chaos. I came to realize that my life was unmanageable.

Little did I know that I was beginning a path which would take me beyond my wildest dreams.

There are times when I jokingly say... "If only I knew this stuff when I was younger" or "Everyone should be learning this stuff!"

The thing is - I was suppose to learn it now.  I was suppose to go through what I just went through to know.

Would I have listened?  Most likely not.  Would I have really followed it? Nope.

Everything happens for a reason...

I hit the bottom of my abyss with a thud.

I was suppose to get to my point of "rock bottom".

If I hadn't, I would not have known what "rock bottom" looked like.  

Where do you all come in?

My goal is to help at least one person 
in this chaotic world we live in.


2 comments:

  1. I found this blog by accident and glad I did...I think I have a lot of backreading to do to learn about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Therese! I am so excited you came across my new blog by accident. I hope my experiences can help you in some way.

      Delete