Thursday, January 17, 2013

Health Nut: Top 10 Reasons to Drink Water

Over the last year my body physically deteriorated due to my stress.  I got sick one week after another.  I ended up with sinus infections almost every time I got sick.  

My ears were the first things to go.  They hurt.  They popped.  It felt like I had fluid in my ears at all times.  Finally I went to the doctor during the summer.

He told me that he could tell that my ears were swollen. And then he told me to drink more water...

I looked at him curiously and said, "Huh?  I can clear the swelling in my ears by drinking more water?  That doesn't make any sense?" 

Little did I know that if I drank more water, the water would "flush" the extra water in my ears out. 

Wow water is powerful! 

I went home and researched a little on the importance of water and I came across this list and thought I might share my new insight on water from  All About Water:

10 Reasons to Drink Water


  1. Water is absolutely essential to the human body’s survival. A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
  2. Water helps to maintain healthy body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.
  3. Water leads to increased energy levels. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration.
  4. Drinking adequate amounts of water can decrease the risk of certain types of cancers, including colon cancer, bladder cancer, and breast cancer.
  5. For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.
  6. Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease.
  7. Water can prevent and alleviate headaches.
  8. Water naturally moisturizes skin and ensures proper cellular formation underneath layers of skin to give it a healthy, glowing appearance.
  9. Water aids in the digestion process and prevents constipation.
  10. Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment